The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for protecting, maintaining, and enhancing the value of the community while also maximizing the living experience for residents and the community. This is accomplished by ensuring that all resident maintenance issues are resolved expertly and efficiently.
• Demonstrate the principles of customer service and teamwork
• Assist in apartment turnovers as directed
• Assist with repairs and other general maintenance duties
• Maintain the grounds properly and keep buildings and surrounding areas clean to ensure exceptional curb appeal
• Advise Lead Maintenance Technician of items needing additional attention in the apartment; i.e. ripped carpet, torn linoleum, window or door repair, etc.
• Maintain safe, clean, and sanitary shops, hallways, and all other common areas
• Respond appropriately to emergencies, according to policies and procedures
• Participate in and attend all required in-service training sessions
• Property document work order and unit turn progress, supplies, and completion status
• Comply with all company policies and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Must have an operating vehicle and valid driver’s license
• Excellent customer service skills, strong attention to detail and basic maintenance skills
• Well-rounded plumbing experience to work with boilers, toilets, tubs, leaks, etc.
• Working knowledge of pool service/maintenance and the ability to use hand and power tools
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and work 8-12 hour standing shifts
• Ability to work weekends and on call shifts in the case of an emergency • Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy